Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lem

So, much fun was had by all today.  Standard training run.  Of course, a standard training run in the post apocalypse is generally as full of surprises as any non-standard critical mission, so...

Today it was a chap named... oh, hold on.  I have a pneumonic for this... Lunar Excursion Module.  His name was Lem.  Lem was, apparently, a runner from New Canton.  He was pinned down on the roof of the old mill and I helped get him out.  At first I didn't trust him because, well he was either an Aussie pretending to be a Texan or a Texan pretending to be Canadian, but something just wasn't right.  Seemed like a right decent guy in the end, though.  Lem didn't fare well.  He'd been bitten, so he handed off his radio to me and put distance between us.

As usual, Sam had no taste, which is probably why I like him.  Poor Lem was no sooner off to meet his fate and Sam was cracking wise: asked if that was Ace Rimmer.  Of course, it was completely without compassion for a man who would soon join the legions of undead, but it still struck me funny.  You've got to laugh, haven't you?  Otherwise, you go completely off your gourd.  So I've decided that, should I ever have to head off into the sunset of the damned, my last words will be "Smoke me a kipper.  I'll be back by morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment