Saturday, April 14, 2012

Abel Township, Mission 5

Sorry it's been so long.  I've been laid up with a blister.  A blister.  Would you believe that?  Remember when you could just slap some salve on it and move on?  It's kind of a big deal now, though, what with the antibiotic shortages and all.  It was starting to hurt after the doors got stuck, but then there was little Molly out in the woods.  You don't just leave a baby in hostile territory because you have a wittle bwister, do you?  But then afterward, it was all big and oozing and raw.  Took awhile to heal.

Back in Pre-Zom, I used to joke that I didn't run "unless something large, green and scaly is chasing me."  After a few far-too-close inspections of zombie skin, I can say with confidence that I've not broken my rule.  Who'd have thought there'd come a day when the thing I yearn for most in the world is a pair of running shoes with big, cushy soles?  Maybe I can make some out of sports bras.  I suppose it won't matter forever, though.  My feet will toughen up like those Olympic runners from Pre-Zom.

So apparently the folks at New Canton go into denial about being bitten.  Zom 101.  If you get bit, get lost, right?  But apparently people in New Canton routinely ignore this one.  Great.  

Anyway, coms are down out at Brunswick because of a big fire and some people were sheltering out there while the fire burned out and... I don't think I knew zoms liked fire so much.  So today I went on a mission to warn them.  Met up with Eight.  Goody.  But we did save a lot lives.  She's crazy, but she's efficient.  I'll give her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment